Purpose of notarization: through the validation of the undisputable legal actions, the authenticity of time and documents with legal significance, and legal non-lawsuit activities, confirm the relationship of rights and obligations of the parties concerned, thereby eliminating various potential disputes, balancing the conflict of interest among the parties concerned and nipping the conflict in the bud.
The procedure of notarization
1. The materials required for notarization of birth
2. The copies of ID card and household register, birth certificate of the applicant, the copies of ID cards and household registers of the applicant's parents (the scanned copies are accepted)
Dos and Don'ts
The materials required for the notarization of birth generally include:
1. The valid identity document of the applicant.
2. The household register of the applicant, or the original copy of his/her personal page (s) of Register Card for Permanent Resident and a photocopy of the first page in the institutional register attached with the employer’s official seal in the case of an applicant lives in an institutional household.
3. In case, the applicant needs to entrust other (s) to proceed with the notarization for him/her, the applicant shall provide the ID card of the entrusted, a hand-written power of attorney (indicating the reasons to entrust to whom it is entrusted for what type (s)of notarization, with the signature of the applicant, either the original copy or a faxed copy will be accepted).
4. Based on the specific situation, any one of the following three kinds of certificates can be selected as your birth certificate: ①The birth certificate letter issued by the police station of your registered residence or the unit where your personnel archives are stored; ②If your birth notarization has ever been proceeded before, the original birth notarization can be submitted; ③birth certificate issued by a medical institute (If there are some items missing, or alteration, or the inconsistence of handwriting in your birth certificate issued by a medical institute, the birth certificate by the medical institute will only be used as an evidence along with any of other evidentiary materials). If there is no reflection of the citizenship ID card numbers of the parents in any of the above evidences, the applicant shall also provide a photocopy of the ID card or household register of the parents; otherwise, the birth notarization will not include the citizenship ID card numbers of the parents.
5. For a birth notarization which will be used in the countries of the US, France, Thailand, Italy, Singapore or Columbia, n+1 recent 2-inch colored identification photos (no specific back ground requirement) of the applicant is required (the letter n represents the number of copies of notarization you need).
6. If the evidentiary materials you provided cannot accurately prove the notarizing issues with vague and incompletion, please submit supplement evidentiary materials required by the notary staff.
Note: An applicant not registered as a permanent resident of Beijing needs to provide a valid temporary residence permit proving his / her residence period in Beijing exceeding a year or a work residence permit of Beijing, while a minor applicant not registered as a permanent resident of Beijing needs to provide Student Card of Primary or Secondary Schools of Beijing.
If the notarization is to be used in countries such as the US, Korea, Austria, Russia, or Kazakhstan, a notarization on consistency of its translation shall be attached.
The sample of the evidentiary letter can be enquired and downloaded at the "Download Area" on the homepage of our website or can be picked up directly in our reception hall.
1. Any fact of birth outside the borders of the People’s Republic of China generally won't be notarized.
2. The evidentiary letter of birth should indicate the names of biological parents. If the biological parents have passed away, a bracket shall be added behind their names to indicate their death and the corresponding death certificates shall be provided as well.
3. The birth place in the evidentiary letter of birth should be specific clear, and corrected to the level of county or city, and the name of place should be in full.
4. The birth date in an evidentiary letter of birth should indicate MM/DD/YY in Gregorian calendar.
5. Based on the application of the party concerned, we can also proceeded with a notarization on conformity between his/her photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by a medical institute and its original copy, for this purpose, the same materials shall be provided as in the case of birth notarization.
Note: the final specific materials to be submitted shall be based on the requirements by our notary staff during the on-site consultation.
NOTE: The professional human Chinese and English translation services are provided by HYW Translation Co.